The role of the Quality Technician is to work closely with the Quality Manager in maintaining Quality Control / HACCP procedures on a daily basis. The Role will involve testing and examining all products to ensure the highest standard of quality is achieved for all customers.
Key Duties & responsibilities
- Carrying out quality inspections on produce at intake, repack, and finished product stage.
- Completion of daily record keeping E.g. intake and dispatch checks etc. Sending Quality reports to Suppliers, reviewing raw material quality on a continuous basis, and communicating any quality issues to production/ purchasing departments.
- Ensuring HACCP principles are continuously met for product safety and process control.
- Ensuring BRC requirements are maintained as set down in the relevant standard and ensuring traceability is maintained for all lines.
- Ensuring and cross-checking traceability for each delivery and contact all suppliers to obtain traceability in advance.
- Assist in carrying out internal audits on a routine basis/ ensuring that the factory is compliant with all health & safety/ quality regulations.
- Degree in Food Science or similar is desired but not essential
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Quality or 3 years in production
- BRC / IFS Food Safety Certification, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices, and food manufacturing are essential.
Key behaviors/ Competencies
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated, and have the ability to work under pressure
- Build a good working relationship with other departments within the company
- Excellent verbal/ communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail skills in relation to quality, traceability and labeling
- Flexible to the needs of the business
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.