CASP - Community Substance Misuse Team now has an opening for a Counsellor/Psychotherapist in Dublin.
• To provide appropriate and applicable therapeutic interventions to service users seeking support through CASP
• To work within CASP policies and procedures and support the ethos/mission of CASP in service provision within a community setting.
• To provide these interventions to clients attending the service in one-to-one, group, couples, etc., therapies or in partnership with other staff for specified programmes
• To link consistently with other local service agencies regarding specific information, service provisions, referrals, cross-trainings, etc.
• To provide referral information and support to service users seeking placement with other agencies, residential treatment services or others as required.
• To facilitate or co-facilitate therapeutic groups.
• To liaise appropriately with broader multi-disciplinary team in direct relation to specific clients
• To attend all pertinent internal and external meetings required, per requirements indicated by Line Manager, Manager, etc.
• To complete in a timely, thorough fashion all documentation required by CASP and according to any external governing body requirements, etc.
• To aid and support others in their roles re: linking with service users.
• To be active in linking with all assigned service users and with broader CASP teams, with a clear focus of attaining best outcome for service users
• To consistently attend professional supervision according to IAC and/or IAHIP requirements
• To attend and complete on-going training courses provided both internally and externally, according to IAC and/or IAHIP requirements, and as these are relevant to CASP service development, ensuring both self and organization extends its capacity regarding benefits from same
Key Performance Indicators:
• Submission of complete monthly statistical information to Line Manager
• Timely completion of all treatment-related documentation, and timely placement of said documentation into CASP data and filing systems.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact with clients at all levels of recovery
• Comprehensive therapeutic skills/techniques that evolve to incorporate current trends
• Ability to function as productive member of team(s)
• Progression-based philosophy toward recovery
• Internal (Senior Counsellor)
• External (Professionally Qualified Supervision.)
• Accreditation from recognized professional body, either IAC or IAHIP
• 3-year minimum experience of working with and supporting clients through addiction, related issues, individually and/or through group support
• Knowledge of addiction in a community-based setting is desirable.
This position is a Part-time post of 25 hrs per week, which will be rostered within the overall counselling service within CASP.
The post holder will act as part of a counseling team with a direct report to the Senior counselor.
Interviews will take place on the 2nd of September via Zoom.
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 12th of August 2021
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.