BWG Foods owns and operates the SPAR, EUROSPAR, MACE, Londis and XL brands in the Republic of Ireland, working in partnership with independent retailers with more than 1,000 stores serving local communities right across the country. The stores serve in excess of one million shoppers every single day.
The wholesale division of BWG Foods also includes BWG Foodservice, Corrib Food Products and Heaney Meats as well as Value Centre, 4 Aces and Better Deal, our nationwide network of Cash and Carry branches.
Reporting to the BWG Group Chief People Officer, the purpose of this newly created role is to drive the HR and Health & Safety Agenda in Heaney Meats.
Located in Galway, this new role will entail being a key member of the Heaney Meats management team, advocating for implementation of best practice HR management throughout the facility. This will be achieved through ensuring consistency of policies and continuous improvement in the area, by working with and influencing the local management team.
Some of the core elements of this role will include the following:
- To ensure best practice implementation of HR policies and procedures through line management teams at all levels of the organisation
- Work with Health & Safety Executive on accident prevention strategies and the implementation of Health & Safety policies within the business
- Work with the Finance team to ensure implementation of pay and benefits throughout the organisation
- To ensure HR systems and processes are implemented, updated and functioning correctly
- To oversee the execution of Training & Development throughout the organisation in line with training budgets
- Design, roll out and execution of Performance Management Process throughout the organisation
- To oversee all aspects of the recruitment process
- To conduct analysis as necessary for policy implementation and development
- To manage projects as they arise
- To prepare for and 3rd party hearings in WRC and/or Labour Court as required
- Extensive experience in HR Management in a Manufacturing or similar environment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in a similar environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- A passion for implementing best practice HR processes and procedures with a proven track record of continually enhancing existing systems
- Advanced and demonstrable influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job