About the role
“A job where you're in the driving seat.”
Our core purpose is to serve Irish shoppers a little better every day and being a Customer Delivery Driver you are the first face our customers see.
Being a Customer Delivery Driver is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same – customer’s look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
Shift Pattern: Various shifts available
You will be responsible for
- Providing an excellent home shopping experience by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do is our main responsibility.
- Loading the van where required, and check your van for roadworthines
- Understanding the schedule and route that has been calculated for you
- Looking the part in your uniform, ready to help our customers
- Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
- To be courteous to all road users
- Serving your customer with a smile and greet them by name
- Taking care of your customer’s deliveries as if they were your own
You will need
- To have had a full IRISH or EU driving licence for at least 2 years with no more than 3 penalty points
- To be a safe and courteous drivers
- To enjoy helping others
- To be personable with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and use common sense
- To care about making a difference for customers and colleagues
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, job offers are subject to the Garda Vetting Process and you will need to provide proof of current penalty points on your licence at Assessment Stage. This can be requested from the National Driver Licence Services (NDLS) on 1890 41 61 41. Press Option 4 and quote your driver number.
We are sorry but if you have been disqualified from driving within the last 10 years, we will not be able to accept your application.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
As well as competitive pay, we offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work. “After 3 months you will receive a colleague clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line”.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.
As the leading online grocery retailer in Ireland, our team of delivery drivers deliver to thousands of customer’s homes across the country. We believe in doing the little things that really matter to our customers and colleagues. It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work.
As well as offering competitive pay, we offer some of the best benefits to our colleagues in the industry from colleague discounts* to paid holidays, and an award-winning pension.
*subject to the rules of the schemes.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 28th of July 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job