Castlemartyr Resort is currently recruiting for a Bar Manager, for our Main Bar located in the Manor House, Knights Bar.
We are delighted to present a wonderful opportunity to represent the stunning 5-star Castlemartyr
Resort as Bar Manager. Joining an award-winning, enthusiastic team, the successful candidate will lead a passionate, experienced food and beverage team to achieve and surpass budgets and service expectations. If you would like to bring your talent and skills to this award-winning team please feel free to get in touch with our HR department.
Castlemartyr Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and
sustaining an inclusive culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Effective and efficient management of the Bar, always ensuring that the defined 5* standards are implemented and adhered to by all service personnel.
- Ensure all Bar areas have sufficient equipment, resources to meet business demands
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment that results in it being a pleasant atmosphere for both guests and team members alike.
- Actively involved in daily operations in a 'hands-on' capacity ensuring sufficient preparation is made for all daily services & ensure team members are allocated daily work sections.
- Ensure that good communication exists within your department and across the Resort.
- Lead your department in a structured and organised manner, liaising regularly with the kitchen and front office team.
- Ensure that all legal standards or fire safety, hygiene, security, and licensing legislation are implemented and monitored at all times
- Monitor purchase procedure for supplies and products to ensure proper quantity and quality of supplies.
- Effective implementation of all SOPs and procedures within the team, carrying out regular checks of these SOPS with team members.
- Encourage and ensure that all the teams work closely together, providing beneficial support for each other, being able to multi-task and actively help in each area.
- To liaise with the external beverage stock-takers monthly and provide the required information in a timely manner and investigate any discrepancies and report findings.
- To ensure that ordering of stock is carried out in good time to meet business demands in line with approved par stock levels.
- Liaise with the kitchen in ensuring that the quality of food served within the bar area adheres to the approved standards.
- Implement an effective system for maintenance and control of Bar storage areas.
- To ensure that the bar is 'opened up' and 'closed down' correctly in accordance with standards.
- Ensure daily team briefings & monthly team meetings are conducted and minutes are submitted to HR and F&B Leadership Team.
- Castlemartyr Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
- Administration responsibilities
- To ensure that staff rosters are written to meet the business demands of the hotel - actively monitoring rosters for all the teams to ensure efficiencies are upheld – adhere to % which is determined weekly/monthly.
- Accurately complete reports, wage forecasts, timesheets, action plans in a timely manner as required.
- Implementation of the mentoring system,
- Regular appraisals/job chats – acknowledging
- successes and implementing corrective coaching/action as necessary and in a constructive manner.
Meals on Duty
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.